Wednesday 14 November 2012

Ground Hog Day

I think you know where this one is going.  Day 3 and not too many surprises.  The treatment process is certainly a well oiled machine.  We generally leave 45 minutes before our scheduled therapy.  This gives us time to drive into town, find a park either in the Wilson Parking high rise or along the fence that borders the botanical gardens.  There are 16 parks that have been reserved for Oncology patients and so far we have had no problems getting a park.  We then check in with reception who confirms name and date of birth with Karen.  If I ever forget Karen's birthday after this there is a problem.  We get the following days appointment time confirmed as although we have a time schedule for the whole period, the day to day times will change at short notice.  Once this is done, we make our way down to the treatment room waiting area.  We exchange small chit chat with each other, check out the other competition for the day and politely nod to those we saw the previous day.  Karen is then called and taken out back to be blasted whilst I wait in the....wait for it.....waiting room.  I pray for Karen, then get out my Iphone and check Facebook.  Once that is done, I go to the app game, Road Trip 2 and do my thing for 15 minutes or so.  Karen comes out, we head back to reception, sign a form, head back to the car and  head for home.  I would have at a guess that day 4 through 33 will be much the same.  So it is a bit like Ground Hog Day, but just without the fun bit of messing with people.

Todays quote is not from the Bible, but instead the book of Bon Jovi.


Ohhh, if there's one thing I hang onto,
That gets me through the night.
I ain't gonna do what I don't want to,
I'm gonna live my life.
Shining like a diamond, rolling with the dice,
Standing on the ledge, I show the wind how to fly.
When the world gets in my face,
I say, Have A Nice Day.
Have A Nice Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment